Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chipping away at the tubs

A couple of months ago I decided I was not going to buy anymore fabric or clothes to refashion until I used up at least half of my stash that never seems to get smaller.  With the exception of  a vintage sheet that I can't wait to make into a dress, I have not bought anything else and I am super proud of my self.  My stash takes up five 18 gallon tubs plus some bags.  That a lot of space in my closet that could be used for cothes I am wearing!

Here are some summer tops I refashioned that turned out pretty darn cute!

I made the first two last month, but I don't think I posted them.  If I did, I apologize.  Both of these were refashioned from a mans dress shirt.

Before
After

Before (I already cut the sleeves off when I remember to take a picture)
After 
Before (this is a horrible shot, but I couldn't get it right.  Still have a broken camera!)
After. I used fabric from another shirt for the strap.


This shirt is made from scraps.  The stripe was from a mans shirt, and the floral is from a vintage sheet. I love the little flower on the side.  I covered a button with some of the stripe fabric.  

Here is a sneak peak of some stuff I am working on now. I am not going to tell you what is will be just yet!





No comments:

Post a Comment