Friday, December 23, 2011

FIT exhibit

The current exhibit at the Museum at FIT, is one that I would just LOVE to go see.  Highlights from the collections showcases some of the museums greatest pieces.  The museum has over 50,000 garments, so how in the world they managed to decided which ones they wanted, I can't even imagine.  

For those of you who don't know me, I used to live in NYC; in fact I graduated from FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology).  I think I saw every exhibit FIT ever showcased in the 8 years I was in New York.  For many of my classes, we went to the museum to look at pieces in the archives; a fashion students heaven.  I miss seeing those exhibits, so for those of you living in the Big Apple, stop by 27th & 7th and check out the exhibit.  
Valentino, evening dress, red silk, spring 2008, Italy, gift of Valentino.
Rick Owens, bat wing jacket and skirt, black denim, wool felt,
 distressed leather, grey silk crepe, fall 2008, France, gift of Rick Owens.

No comments:

Post a Comment