Monday, April 9, 2012

Garden progress

The  weather here has been gorgeous, which means that plants are growing at the garden - and that makes me happy! My peas have sprouted and are a  couple of inches high already. 
 Yummy lettuce! 
 The slugs are eating my brussel sprouts, so I tried putting some rocks around the plant to see if that will deter them.  Cross your fingers and hope it works!
 I decided to build a strawberry topsy turvy tower so my plants would not take over the garden and yeah, didn't turn out like I had envisioned.  This was super easy to make, I just threaded the pots through a metal rod and tipped them off to each side.  
I am not sure if the pots were too heavy or if the metal rod was too flimsy. Either way, I had to take some pots off.  It still turned out great, just not has high and I wanted.  I can't wait to see this in June, when those plants are spilling over the side! 
I added another tower, but only with two pots. The second pole I bought snapped in half when I was trying to stake it in the ground.  It's so exciting to see them grow! 

How is your garden? 




No comments:

Post a Comment