Monday, September 24, 2012

So much time....

It has been a good while since my last post, for several reasons.  I was a bit lost for a while and stopped sewing, my garden went to hell, and my cooking has been non-creative.  So there really wasn't much to blog about,  I just wasn't in the mood.  I went back to school in Janurary and my spring semester was not that stressful, however this fall semester is kicking my butt, so I am making myself get back to the things I love to have some peace in my life.  And also so I don't go jumping off the 2nd street bridge! Just kidding, I won't jump off a bridge, but I might slap one of my professors.

The other week, I decided to give my blog a new look and work on stuff to post about.  I started refashioning and sewing the other week and took lots of great pictures.  When I went to upload them today I realized there was not a memory card in my camera - WHOOPS!!!  Apparently that means the pictures did not save.  Yeah, me and technology are not that compatible! So I need to take new pictures of only finished garments and not what the clothes looked like beforehand.   I guess worse things could have happened right?

So here is a dress  I actually finished a long time ago. I originally started it to wear to my cousins wedding, and didn't finish it for the wedding.  I haven't worn this dress yet and now the leaves are falling, maybe next year! :)



It's a Cynthia Rowley pattern (Simplicity 2250), I just love Cynthia Rowley!!  Her dresses are adorable! I thought this would be a easy peasy dress to whip out and it's not.  The bodice has so many darts and tucks in it and the trim instructions for sewing are a bit odd.  I just did my own thing to get it attached.  I think it's a cute dress, but I'm not a huge fan of the way it turned out.  After looking at this picture I realize I took this before I hemmed the dress! LOL! It's hemmed now, I promise.



Have you tried this pattern?

No comments:

Post a Comment