Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Dress..... er shirt. Simplicity 2406

Several weeks ago I cut out several dresses and blouses with the idea to have them sewn by the end of the month.  The sheath dress has some serious fit issues and I got so frustrated I put it in the bin to work on later.  Next up was this adorable Cynthia Rowley dress I had made before.
It's such an easy pattern, it only to a little over an hour to sew, however when I tried it on to get the length for hemming, I realized the fabric did not like my booty and had apparently shrunk.  Despite it making me look like I had some serious back, it was just too tight and I could barely pull it over my hips.  I decided I should not wear it.  I'll spare you from seeing that picture. 

I also had some serious issues sewing the pockets, I can't ever seam to get pockets right.

I start off with the same size pattern pieces, but somehow when I sew it together, the pockets don't line up and there is some serious bunching at the corners. Those pockets just were not staying on the dress.    Do you have this issue? Any tips on sewing perfects pockets?

Anyway,  I chopped off a couple of inches, sewed a band on the bottom and voila! Turned it into a cute new blouse! My hips are bigger than my dress form, so it fits a little tighter at the bottom on me.  I think I'll wear this at my parties on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment