Monday, January 17, 2011

Training, Cutting, and Mad Men oh my!

I have been absent the past week as I have been swamped with Pure Romance events.  Last Thursday we had an Evening of Opportunity in Cincinnati which was amazing! I had 6 girls on my team attend with guests and one of my guests decided to invest in her business and become a consultant.  We released new product at the event, including a shower step & handle.  I am really excited about these two new products and already have loads of ideas on how to promote them to my customers. 


Saturday it was off to Columbus, OH for the first training of the year.  Columbus is 4 hours from me so I had to get up at 3 a.m. to drive up; I stupidly scheduled a party for the night before and didn't want to reschedule on my hostess.  Needless to say I was exhausted, but as usual the training was great! I left with a new coaching partner to help me stay on track with my business goals for the year and tons of ideas on how to lead my team. 

In other news, I have gotten addicted to the TV series Mad Men; apparently I live in a bubble and just recently found out about the show and I love it! It's inspired me to make a slew of Joanie dresses and try to figure out how to style my hair like hers since I don't have a personal stylist to do it for me.  I wanted to start watching Mad Men from the beginning so I've been renting the seasons and in about  1 1/2 weeks I've gone through the first 2 season and started on season 3 today (I told you, I was addicted). 

In an effort to justify all this time I've been spending in from of the tube, I've decided to work on some quilts.  I have several friends having babies this year and would love to make a quilt for them.  Two years ago I decided to make quilts so I've been stocking up on old sheets and fabrics I thought would go great in a quilt.  
As you can see, it's quite a stash and I've been cutting squares out of all of this fabric.  I never thought about how tedious cutting squares would be, but I have found that I can only do it for about 20 minutes then I am totally bored and ready to move on. 

Here's what I've cut out so far and I have barely made a dent in my pile. 
My  goal is to have all of this cut by the end of the week and to have finished the dress I've started on.  Not that much of an ambitious challenge.  I promise to write more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment