I just finished this darling retro dress today. At first it seemed like it was going to be so easy because there were very few pattern pieces. Boy did I learn fewer pieces doesn't always mean easy! The sleeves are attached to the bodice and have some weird princess seams going on, making it hard to adjust. I cut out the size recommended on the envelope and it fit almost everywhere. The upper part of my chest near my armpits needed some adjustment. I still need to work on the belt in the same fabric, but I haven't found a belt buckle I like yet, so I put on this great red belt and it makes a nice pop. I love this dress and despite the crazy bodice construction, I plan on making another.
I used Butterick pattern 5605, from their retro collection. I made view C, because I had this cute buttons I wanted to use. I also lowered the neckline by about 3 inches because it was just too high. I kinda feel like Betsy from Mad Men and need to make a pot roast while wearing this dress with pearls and heels.