Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week in review

Last week was a super fab week and since I still haven't bought a new camera (I know one of these days), hardly any of it is captured in still life.  My apologies, I just need someone to tell me what type of camera to buy. 

Here's a snap shot:

It was a berry picking week for me; blueberries and raspberries are in season and I picked about seven pounds of both last week.  My freezer is stocked full of delish berries ready to be made into something amazing.  This week I plan on picking more, not sure yet where I am going to fit it all.

Taking a ride on a steamboat that is supposed to be relaxing is not so relaxing with about 400 kids. 
The Belle of Louisville is almost 100 years old and used to be names Idlewild. 

I learned that da Vinci took about 20,000 pages of notes and was the first to document hardening of arteries.   The Frazier Museum is hosting an exhibit on the life of Leonardo da Vinci, so  I popped on in for a visit.  If you are in town or this exhibit comes to your town, you must go see it.

A local radio station hosts outdoor concerts on the last Wednesday of every month, so a friend and I took a blanket, some wine, and goodies down to enjoy the sounds of Scars on 5, Nicole Atkins, and Abigail Washburn.


I couldn't go a week without thrifting and scored a fabulous table at a newly opened wine and beer store which also has some pretty cool second hand furniture.  I have been looking for a new kitchen table for years and fell in love with the yellow top on this one.  The sides pulls out or can be tucked away when not in use.    I also got some great new vintage sheets.  I can't decide if I want to make dresses from them or just use them on the bed. 
How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment