Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Veggie soup

I love the winter.  I love the snow.  I love having four seasons. 

I do not love being cold. 

And for the past week I have been cold all the time.  At school, at work, in my car, at home.  Today I decided to warm up with some yummy veggie soup.

Veggie soup is great to make because you can pretty much use any left over veggies in your fridge or freezer.  And you don't need stock.  I used a veggie bouillon seasoning, but there have been plenty of pots without it.

I had leftover spaghetti sauce from pizza I made the other week and threw that in for more flavoring.

A big bowl with some crunchy toast makes a perfect winter warm-up!

Veggie soup
1/2 onion $0.17
2 carrots. $0.34
1 c. Frozen corn. $0.25
1 c. Frozen okra. $0.30
1 c. Frozen broccoli $0.25
1 c. Frozen cauliflower $0.30
1/2 c. Barley
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce $0.60
2Tbsp veggie bouillon
6 c. Water
salt & pepper to taste

Total cost $2.20

I can get about 3 bowls from this pot. 
Noms noms!

what veggies do you put in your soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment