Monday, January 24, 2011

Yummy fish goodness

I have this horrible habit of not planning my meals ahead of time.  As a result, when I go to the market I buy what looks good or I'll decide at home that I just have to have chili, so I'll run out right then and buy the ingredients needed.  This year, I decided to set intentions for the week rather than the entire year, and this week my intention was to reorganize my kitchen and plan out meals for the next week - and I did!!

This afternoon I got down some of those cookbooks and picked out some scrumptious recipes to make.  Tonight for dinner I made Balti Fish Fillets in Spicy Coconut Sauce and let me tell you it was beyond delish.  I bought an Indian cookbook several years ago and usually make the same recipes over and over, so I decided to try a new one.  I've included the recipe below of you, I don't have step by step pictures because the screen on my camera is cracked and it takes about 10 tries for me to get a nice picture now.


What you will need:

2 tbsp corn oil (Olive oil or Canola Oil will also work)
1 Tbsp Onion seeds  (I omitted the seeds because I didn't have any)
4 dried red chilis  (adjust for your preference of spicy, I only chopped up 1/2 chili)
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 MD onion, sliced
2 MD tomatoes, sliced (us your favorite tomato)
2 Tbsp shredded coconut (I used about 1/3 cup)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground coriander
4 fish fillets (Sole, Flounder, or Plaice)
2/3 C. water
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro

Step one:
Heat the oil in a hot skillet.
Lower the heat and add the following cooking for 3-minutes
  • Garlic
  • Onion Seed 
  • Chili
  • Onion

Add:
  • Tomatos
  • Coconut
  • Salt
  • Coriander 
  • Lime juice 
Add Fish pieces and cook for 5-7 minutes
Add:
  • Water
  • Cilantro
Cook for 5 minutes more until water has evaporated.
Serve with rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment