Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Yummy Sweet Potato Goodness


I have been putting cumin & cinnamon on my sweet potato fries for a while, but I recently came across this recipe for a sweet, spicy dipping sauce and when I was processing inventory this afternoon and craved a snack, I decided to make it.  The picture is not from my potato fries, as my camera is still broken, but from the recipe page at Food 52

To make my fries, I cut up 2 sweet potatoes into strips and coated them with olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cumin.  I baked them at about 400 degrees until they were soft.  I like softer fries, but if you prefer them cooked, you can cook them longer to make them crispy. 

Now the recipe I found recommended using sour cream, but I was out, so I used mayonnaise.  Mix Mayonnaise, juice of 1/2 lime, salt, pepper, chopped cilantro, Vietnamese Sweet Chili Sauce, & Sriracha,  I always mix to taste,  so I can't tell you how much of each to add. 

Let me know if you make this sauce and how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment