Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Dress for National Convention

This weekend I leave for Nashville for the Pure Romance National Convention and I am super excited! I  get together with my best girls whom I only get to see 3 times a year and celebrate each others success from the previous year.  On the second night, we have a huge awards ceremony where we honor the top consultants in the company.  A lot of consultants wear very fancy formal dresses, but that's not my style, I keep is classy and simple, but I always wait until the last minute to decide what I'm wearing.  This year our  theme is Sparkles & Spurs and the first night is an opening reception where we all dress according to the theme.  I am wearing a cute little dress to go with the theme and some snakeskin cowboy boots. 

This year I decided on Monday to make my dress (less than a week away) and yesterday I actually started sewing the muslin.  I decided to make a simple sheath dress in a snazzy fabric, I will save the fabric for you later, but it's gorgeous! 

I have several sheath dress patterns, but I usually screw them up or they don't fit right, so I bought Simplicity 2468.
The amazing fit patterns by Simplicity offers several options, slim fit, curvy fit, as well a several cup sizes.  Which I think it genius because not every size 8 is made the same way. So far the pattern has fit my like a glove, but the only thing I didn't like was the length of the neckline.  I am cutting the V-nk and it was a couple of inches too short, so I just cut it a little longer to 9" from the high point shoulder. 
To make the neckline longer, I just moved the patter down to the length I wanted and snipped away.  Today I am sewing my fashion fabric so I'll have pictures later!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this valuable information. I hope everyone will also find it very helpful. Keep posting!

    Brazilian Wax

    ReplyDelete