Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sparkles and Spurs

I went to Nashville this past weekend for the Pure Romance National Convention, the time of year where we celebrate the success of all the consultants for the previous year.  This year was the first year we were in Nashville and we celebrated in style at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and had our Award Ceremony at the Grand ol' Opry, yes the same stage the fabulous Loretta Lynn & Dolly Parton have walked.

The first night we always have an opening reception where we dress up according to our theme for the year.  This years theme: Sparkles & Spurs.  Almost everyone at the reception dressed in cowboy hats, boots, and plaid shirts but I decided to make my outfit shine!

A couple of years ago, I bought this floor length, long sleeve, mock neck sequin dress at a thrift store. I don't remember why I bought it, but it's been sitting in my bins since then and it was the perfect dress for me to chop up into a cocktail dress!
I am not sure what my face is doing in this picture, but it is not  flattering! I of course forgot to take a picture of the dress before I chopped it up, please forgive me.

Funny story about my altering the dress.  I used a serger on the edges and while serging the bottom, I noticed there was a Lee press on nail stuck to a sequin! I was totally grossed out and threw the dress in the bathtub to wash it.  I normally wash all of the clothes I buy at thrift stores immediately, but I guess I forgot this one. As the tub is filling up with water, the water is turning brown and I am becoming more horrified because it looked like dirt! I rinsed and washed that bad boy several times before I realized it was the color coming off the sequins. 
This is me being silly on the Grand ol Opry Stage, when I was called up for being promoted to Senior Director. 

1 comment: