Friday, January 31, 2014

Vegan Pancakes

I woke up this a.m. craving french toast with Kings Hawaiian bread. However I am out of eggs and bread, so pancakes it was!

I originally got this recipe from a vegan cookbook and love it! It's super quick to make and has a mild sweet taste without added sugar.

1/2 cup rice flour $0.25

1/2 cup buckwheat flour $0.18

2 Tbsp coconut oil. $0.10

2tsp arrowroot. $0.12

Dash cinnamon

1/2 can peaches. $0.50

3 Tbsp Maple syrup. $0.49

1 1/2 cup almond milk. $0.56

Cook peaches in a pot until soft.

As peaches cook, Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Add more or less depending how thick you like your pancakes.

Add some coconut oil to the skillet and drop about 1/4 of the batter onto the skillet. Cook til done.

I topped off my pancakes with walnuts adding about $0.50 to the cost. Any other type of nut would be just as yummy!

Noms noms!

Total cost $2.20

I get about 8 pancakes out of the batter making my cost per pancake $0.27!

No comments:

Post a Comment